Monday, May 23, 2005

Modified Madness Import Car Show

Over the weekend I attended an import car show called "Modified Madness" (www.modifiedmadness.com). The event took place at the Bryce Jordan Center on the Penn State University campus in State College. It took a couple hours to get there, but it was fun and worth the drive. It is part of the big auto show knows as "Cars At Carlise". If you are into cars and motorcycles of any kind, then you are probably familiar with the name Carlise. Modified Madness contained all your typical events such as drag races, dyno runs, audio competition, burnout contest, the after party and of course the car show and judging. There were a few celebrity guests as well as tons of product vendors on hand. Some of it was a little too "ricey" for my tastes, meaning, if you want a sports car - buy a sports car. No matter how much you mod that Civic, it's still not fast. So more bling than real performance modding I don't care for. Although overall I can't really complain in terms of enjoying the event.

name the mystery ride ;)

Here are a few snapshots from the show. Top left: A classic black beauty Nissan 350Z. Perhaps my next car, but I have a couple other cars in mind that I'm currently looking into. If it was me, I wouldn't do chrome wheels on the Z since the accents (door handle, ect) on the car are a bright/brushed silver. A wheel with the bright/brushed silver paint would be more complementary and it could use the Nismo kit...or at least in my opinion. Top right: An H2 disgrace! I thought this Hummer looked like sh*t. I hope you agree that this is modding gone bad, very bad. Bottom left: Bikini-Beauty Contest! Let me pick the winners. I liked #9 the best followed by #4, of course they won in that order. I should of been the judge on sexy women. I can pick them right every time! Bottom right: A stunt motorcycle show performed by the "StarBoyz". It wasn't bad, but I've seen better tricks. Click on the thumbnails for larger photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment