Monday, April 4, 2005

Cinderella To Be Crowned At The Big Dance

The day has finally come! NCAA Championship basketball airs tonight on CBS at 9PM ET. Obviously I will be spending my evening watching the game and routing for my March Madness pick North Carolina. I bet that Illinois and NC would play for the crown and it looks like I was right on the money. Nice job if I do say so myself.


So how did I do in my office poll? Well here are my stats...64 total teams compete and I picked 39 winning teams correctly (62% right) which isn't too shabby. Then if NC wins tonight, it bumps me up to 64% right (technically 63.5% but I rounded up) so I think I faired pretty well.

Round #1 consists of 32 winners = I correctly picked 24 of them (75% right)
Round #2 consists of 16 winners = I correctly picked 8 of them (50% right)
Round #3 consists of 8 winners = I correctly picked 4 of them (50% right)
Round #4 consists of 4 winners = I correctly picked 2 of them (50% right)
Final Game consists of 2 teams BOTH of which I picked correctly (100%)
National Champion yet to be known, but if it's North Carolina...I win! (100%)


Both Illinois and North Carolina are #1 seeded teams and match up evenly, so it should make for a great game! The final score I'm predicting to be in the 80 point range. I guess we will all see how close I am on this. As promised last month, look for my "work productivity or lack thereof" post tomorrow since March Madness office polling will be officially over after tonight. For those with money riding on all of this, I wish you luck!

GO TAR HEELS!

No comments:

Post a Comment