Sunday, January 15, 2006

On The 7th Day, God Watched Steelers Football

Don't disturb me today because I need to focus. I will mentally prepare for the big game by first dressing in the appropriate holy attire which consists of my favorite pair of faded broken-in blue jeans and my black #86 jersey. Then it's time to get nice and comfy on the couch. I will need to turn the volume up on the TV to at least the "L", you know in "Volume", about 20 squares in from the left. That way I'll be drowned out yelling at the plays on the field. I suggest everyone reading this watches the game too. God himself will be watching! How do I know? Let's just say we are tight, we talk and he told me he's a Steeler fan. Just between you and me...there is a slight chance that lighting may strike the entire Colts team dead today, guaranteeing a Steeler win!

Polamulu, voted "Sexiest Hair" in the league!
(Anyone gullible enough to believe that?)

It's onto the next round in the NFL playoffs for the Pittsburgh Steelers. After last week's Wildcard win against the Bengals, the Black & Gold are in Indianapolis today to take on the Peyton Manning and the Colts. I was pretty confident last weekend that we would beat Cincinnati, but this week I'm a little nervous. It seems that every year we are bumped out of the playoffs due to a lose coming from either the Colts or the Patriots. I'm hoping this year will be different and we can pull off an upset. If today marks the end of the season for the Steelers, it may also mark the end of an era for "The Bus", Jerome Bettis. After 13 years, one of the best running backs in the NFL may be making his last stop in Indianapolis. If Bettis does retire, it will be sad, but don't worry because we have Willie Parker to fill his shoes! He is like a black Forest Gump, that boy is crazy fast!

So if I was Coach Cower, I would prepare my football team with a few short words. The same words I was given when I boxed. "Strike first, strike fast, hit hard, no mercy." If the Steelers can come out, put points on the board early and pressure Manning, then I smell the scent of sweet victory...or the smell of sweaty gym socks, whichever you prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment