Monday, February 13, 2006

The Weather Outside Is Frightful, But The Fire Is So Delightful

Since I don't have anything riveting to post about today, let's talk about the weather. Wait, don't run away! Here, sit down on this bench next to me. I'll even brush you off a seat so your bottom doesn't freeze. I know the topic sounds boring, but I'll do my best to spice it up. Actually I was just going to let some photos speak for themselves, but Blogger seems to hate me today and I'm having trouble uploading the images. So instead, let me state the obvious. The East Coast was hit by a blizzard this weekend. It dropped over a foot of snow around the NY and DC area. Then the storm made it's way to my house. Now for a visual...

A shot of the NY snowfall, I believe Central Park.

I was actually looking forward to some fresh powder because ski slope conditions have been anything but ideal. Unfortunately, I only saw about an inch of snow outside my door. Some will think I'm crazy for complaining about that because they spent the better half of their weekend shoveling and scrapping their way down the street. I for one enjoy the seasons and whatever weather each season brings. So before anyone complains about the weather, let's all be thankful we don't live in Versoix, Switzerland because you would need a jackhammer to chisel your way out of the ice storm that hit there recently! You must check out these incredible photos to see what I'm talking about.

This has been an usually warm winter, even in the mountains, the majority of the snow is being manmade. Last night I watched US snowboarder Shaun White win the gold in men's half pipe (if you've been in hibernation, the Winter Olympics have begun). As I laid in front of the fireplace watching the world's top snowboarders rip it up, I wished that I could trade-in the crackle of the wood burning in my living room for the swoosh of my snowboard's back edge carving the snow in Italy. What a life - getting paid to snowboard. Maybe if there really is such a thing as reincarnation, coming back as something/someone else in your second life, than I would like to be a professional snowboarder. Either that or I would settle for being Jennifer Lopez's boy toy. Hey, I'm not picky - snowboarding or JLo. Both sound like heaven to me!

See, a blog post about the weather isn't that boring after all right? Now you can go back to sitting in silence, listening to the snowfall. Seriously, I like doing that. Especially at night - it's peaceful and yes, there is a calming noise that comes with each dropping snowflake.

No comments:

Post a Comment