Monday, May 1, 2006

25 Songs Playing In My Head

A quick self-assessment would label me as music junkie. I've been downloading music since the birth of Napster and in the last decade I've moved around the P2P networks from KaZaA to Limewire and just about everything in-between. I could go legit with iTunes, but why do that when running from the RIAA is so much fun? Seriously though and just for the record (no pun intended), not all of it is pirated. (That's my legal disclaimer and I'm sticking to it.) However, my MP3 collection is growing to a ridiculous size! I refuse to delete any of the songs. Instead I just hoard them all in my favorite tech gadget, that sleek black video iPod. I wonder how I ever lived life without it? If I could, I would f*ck my iPod. I love it THAT much and it's just THAT sexy looking! I'm kidding...sort of. Besides, my iPod is all about safe sex. It wears protection - a rubber iSkin. Is that too much info to share? Anyway...

Here is my latest playlist, alphabetical by artist. I'm sharing the top 25 songs playing in my head, as of this moment. So if you want to hear what goes on inside my head, go make nice with Limewire and download these catchy-ass tunes. Most are new, Billboard 100 Top Hits, that type of music.

1. Anna Nalick - "Breathe (2 AM)"
At first I didn't give this song a chance because I thought it was country. However, listen to it and I bet you'll be moved.

2. Black Eyed Peas - "Gone Going"
This song couldn't come out at a more fitting time, as I watch a "big Johnny star" friendship dissolve.

3. Bo Bice - "The Real Thing"
It took me a few listens before I liked this. It's kind of a girly song, but good none the less.

4. Busta Rhymes - "Touch It (Remix)"
Name a big rapper and it's a safe bet to assume he is in this low bass remix.

5. Daniel Powter - "Lie To Me"
I can't believe any guy can sing this high! He sounds like the Bee-Gees (before my time)?

6. Daniel Powter - "Bad Day"
Fake smile, passion went away, in need of a blue sky holiday...if you can't relate, you've never had a bad day.

7. Fall Out Boy - "Dance, Dance"
You'll be playing the drums on your steering wheel, trust me.

8. Fort Minor - "Where'd You Go"
Reminds me of Linkin Park for some reason.

9. Guster - "One Man Wrecking Machine"
Relive all your adolescent dreams.

10. James Blunt - "You're Beautiful"
Do I really need to describe this?

11. Jimmy Eat World - "Pain"
You just have to crank this up loud!

12. Lifehouse - "You And Me"
When you find someone who you can't take your eyes off of and the rest of the world around you just seems to disappear, search no more for "the one".

13. LL Cool J & JLo - "Control Myself"
I have no idea what Jennifer Lopez is saying in Spanish, but damn it that girl could say "poophead" and it would sexy!

14. Missy Elliott & Ciara - "Loose Control"
If Missy Elliot's music doesn't make you want to bust a move, nothing will.

15. Natasha Bedingfield - "Unwritten"
You have to love the simplicity and effectiveness of her writing. Second hit since "These Words".

16. Nelly Furtado & Timbaland - "Promiscuous Girl"
Girls talking dirty are always hot!

17. Panic! At The Disco - "The Only Difference Between Martyrdom And Suicide Is Press Coverage"
I don't know what to say here.

18. Pink - "Stupid Girls"
There are too many of these girls in the world, none of which interest me in the least.

19. Saving Jane - "Girl Next Door"
For every girl that thought she was "ugly" in comparison to the Barbie.

20. Seether - "Fine Again"
I don't know what to say here either.

21. Shakira - "Hips Don't Lie"
Mmm, something about this song makes me horny. (Hey, just being honest.)

22. Teddy Geiger - "For You I Will (Confidence)"
A confident cannon ball I can do.

23. The All-American Rejects - "Move Along"
Last time I'll use this phrase...I don't know what to say here, again.

24. The Fray - "How To Save A Life"
Great, great song! The lyrics are perfect and the beat will get stuck in your head.

25. The Fray - "Over My Head"
This group is going to be big one day, watch and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment