Tuesday, May 2, 2006

Project: Ducati 999R Carbon Fiber Creation

I'm lacking creativity and energy to blog lately. This is most likely due to an increasing amount of free-time I'm spending on modifying my motorcycle into a one-of-a-kind carbon fiber creation. I think it's coming along nicely and the change must be rather pleasing to the eye as a friend of mine made this statement...and I quote..."ahh, I think I just creamed my pants". That may define love/lust at first sight.

Often people swap out stock body parts on cars/bikes and replace them with carbon fiber. This is done for a few reasons. Not only is carbon fiber strong, it's also incredibly light so it's used to shed excess weight off your ride. The result, a small increase in speed and handling. However, alot of people choose carbon fiber because it just looks cool. I suppose part of me is just doing it for the cool factor - to have a unique bike. Although what I really hope for is that I will be able to feel the difference when I ride it. More than likely, there will be little to no difference in the speed and handling department. I need to remind myself that when a stock bike can go from 0-60 in under 3 seconds flat, there is little you can do to improve on engineering perfection. Besides, those Italian boys make a pretty stylish bike right off the showroom floor. I'm just adding a spicy meatball to it. "Bello".

No comments:

Post a Comment