Tuesday, May 9, 2006

I Found God...In An E-Mail

The other day at work I sent an e-mail off to one of the engineers that works for Sharp. He answers my question pretty straight forward and all is well, until I scroll down to the bottom of the e-mail and see his "signature". Now most people sign work related e-mails with standard contact info such as your name, title, phone number, website, ect. However, this guy decided to jazz it up a little and add (what he felt was) an inspiring quote.

Reflections:
Happiness keeps you sweet! Trials keep you strong!
Sorrow keeps you human! Failure keeps you humble!
Success keeps you glowing! But only God keeps you going!
Keep going...

And inappropriate signatures in your work e-mail frighten me of you. I'm sure this guy meant for it to be kind, but I just find it incredibly lame and a little creepy. I just don't think you should intertwine business and religion, unless of course you are a priest or something. What I should of done was let the turrets syndrome guy that works here reply to this e-mail. He could unleash a plethora of profanities that not even the drunkest sailor could spew. THEN I wonder how inspiring of a rebuttal our bible boy would have? Sure, that would be a little mean and uncalled for...but damn it, it would be hilarious too!

Don't worry, I can read your mind there. You want to hear more about the turrets syndrome guy, don't you? Well, I will definitely post a story or two on him one day. That is definitely blog worthy! In a way it's kind of sad/mean, but come on now, you wish you had a turrets co-worker too. Admit it.

No comments:

Post a Comment