Friday, March 17, 2006

'Lil Luck Of The Irish

Since today is St Patty's Day, I'm just going to throw this out there and let you do with it as you please. I'm part Irish. I know, I know you've heard that pickup line many times before on March 17th, but when I say it, it's really true. So you know what that means right? That today it's mandatory that I get lots of kisses! Wait, let me reword that statement. It's mandatory that I get lots of kisses from cute single girls. There, that's better. Yes, everyday it should be governed law that random hotties make-out with me. Unofficially, some hotties do. Officially, all hotties will HAVE TO today. Let me also state for the record that you no longer need to fight off your primal urges ladies. St. Patrick's Day lasts for a full 24 hours so you have time to get into my kissing booth line. So that is the good news. Now for the bad news...

Today is suppose to be a lucky day. Well lucky at least for the Irish. If I knew my luck would run out just the day before St. Patrick's Day, then I would of started eating me Lucky Charms by the box full yesterday! I would of done whatever it took to help insure that cloud with the silver lining (err, green lining?) would last. Unfortunately, a leprecon wasn't kind to me. There was no rainbow leading to a pot of gold. There was no lucky four leaf clover at my feet. As you know, the March Madness tournament started yesterday and my little heart sank when I quickly discovered that 2 of my teams had lost in the 1st round! Of course that doesn't necessarily throw me out of the running to winning it all, so I have hope. Now if only Notre Dame was a good basketball college, then I would be dominating in the office poll! (Get it? Because Notre Dame is an Irish school, the Fighting Irish - duh.)

In other tantalizing Irish news, I'm going to have to send my apologies out to a buddy of mine. He was ever so kind to me last year when he presented me with a St. Patty's Day tee. A small tear dwelled in my eye when I read the touching words printed on the shirt "F*ck Me I'm Irish". Because it is such a classy shirt, I opted not to wear it to work today, but I just may wear it out tonight for happy hour. Everyone reading this is going to happy hour right? Come on now, it's green beer night! You don't want to miss out. So belly up to the bar and grab yourself a nice Guinness. Chug it, shout "BRILLIANT" and then be sure to do an Irish jig to finish off. Who knows, that kind of behavior may even lead to you getting "lucky" (if you know what I mean) by the time the bartender calls last round. Yes, brilliant indeed.

Now you know what to do. Go ahead and plant one on me - virtual style in the comment section, or better yet, I would prefer the real kiss. No dudes please, but I would let you buy me a beer if you want to be all affectionate, but I won't make-out with you. I'm sorry. Maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment