Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Jockstraps Are Beneficial To EVERYONE

Unlike many other sports, in basketball a jockstrap is optional. If you don't mind your junk flailing about, then you don't need to wear one. However, as a basketball player myself, may I highly suggest if you refuse to wear a jockstrap, than please at the very least put on some tighty whities or snug fitting boxer briefs before you step onto the court. It will keep your boys in line and the spectators that fill the stands will thank you - seriously. If you don't believe me, then take a look below. This photo appeared in the Bryan-College Station Eagle newspaper this month. Click the image for a bigger version and look closely. Apparently the newspaper claims it's an "unfortunate optical illusion"...or is it?

The ball doesn't seem to be the only thing that is bouncing on the court. The photograph was taken by staff photographer Butch Ireland. The picture showed Acie Law in mid-air, prepared to launch his game-winning 3-point shot that carried Texas A&M to victory over the Longhorns. It's the type of picture photojournalists savor and sports editors expect. Plus, fans seize on such pictures because that victorious moment frozen in time carries with it universal bragging rights...until the next game. However, this picture caught readers' attention for another reason. Beyond the winning shot by Acie Law, many readers were absolutely convinced the picture showed a University of Texas player moving to block the shot and in the process, exposing himself!

Whatever the case may be, it's no surprise that many people are outraged that the photo made the cover of the paper without anyone looking closely at it to catch the penis peek-a-boo. The public is mortified, astonished, flabbergasted, outraged and disgusted. Some are asking the photographer to be fired while others are demanding that papers be removed from the premises for being inappropriate. Personally, I think people need to calm down, especially if it really is an optical illusion and not the real deal.

The newspaper is now blaming the "penis photo" on bad shadows and lighting. They say what you think you see, isn't really there at all. It's more or less "camera glare" that is creating that image. To calm the situation down, newspaper staff enlarged the photo to prove their point. The specific section of the picture in question showed nothing more than the white inside liner of the player's uniform. The color was distorted for a variety of reasons, primarily because of the angle at which the picture was taken, the lighting, orange color of the uniform on the left pant leg reflecting up into the groin area and the specific moment that was captured. It's that simple. For those looking for a cheap thrill, I may of spoiled it for you. Since the controversy hit, every single copy of the newspaper has been sold out! Perverts.

Speaking of basketball, March Madness is upon us once again. It's time for everyone to print out the basketball brackets and place your bids. This year #1 top seeds include Duke, Memphis, Connecticut and Villanova. If you are a long time reader of my blog, you may remember last year I gave out my picks and I cashed in. I was right on the money with nearly every team! How in the world I managed to do that, I don't know. Good luck perhaps? Whatever it was, I'm hoping this year I will have a repeat performance. Now I'm sure you are wanting me to tell you how I'm filling out the brackets so you can copycat me and cash in too. Well I would tell you who I am picking, but then I would have to kill you. So to keep me from getting all Tony Soprano on your ass, you are on your own this year with the company office poll. Of course I will let you know at a later date how I did and I wish you all nothing but the best of luck in your own illegal gambling endeavors. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment