Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Women Don't Sweat. They Glisten.

I watch a bead of sweat emerge out of nowhere along her neck, just above the collar bone. It slowly centers itself and rolls down the middle of her chest. Picking up speed as it travels. Just like that, as quickly as it appeared, it then disappears. I witness two more drops racing one another down the small of her back. Where they go, only few know. I admire from a far. I admire from very near. To experience the perspiration as it meets my fingertips. To take in not only the skin, but everything that lies underneath that covering. Wondering and discovering. Just like a bead of sweat, I find my way.

It's true. Women don't sweat. They Glisten. Or at least she does.

In lue of a photo, listen.

There's so many things I like about you.
I just don't know where to begin.
Ahh, ok, well...

I like the way you look at me with those beautiful eyes.
I like the way you act all surprised.
I like the way you sing along.
I like the way you always get it wrong.
I like the way you clap your hands.
I like the way you love to dance.
I like the way you put your hands up in the air.
I like the way you shake your hair.
I like the way you like to touch.
I like the way you stare so much.

But most of all...
I like the way you move.

No photograph is needed. I carry the visual in my mind. Close your eyes and you may see it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment