Tuesday, April 14, 2009

All The Cool Kids Moved To Facebook, Long Ago!

I have some big breakup news! I’ve dumped Tom and now I’m in an exclusive relationship with Zucky! Don’t know what I’m talking about? Then read on.

Facebook users have long surpassed MySpace users. For the first time ever in mid 2008, Facebook was able to call itself the #1 social network, a title MySpace had carried for years...but not anymore. Personally, I’m happy about that. For some time now, I’ve loathed MySpace! And because I’ve developed a small hatred towards MySpace, I’m disassociating myself from that little corner of the web. So here are my top reasons why I am deleting my very inactive MySpace account.


Top Reasons Why I'm Ditching MySpace
  • Nothing good has ever come from me having a MySpace account.
  • I simply cannot take one more MILF e-mailing me!
  • The majority of member’s pages make my eyes bleed with dancing Care Bears and sparkly unicorns.
  • To make matters worse, some unknown annoying country song that makes me wish I was born a deaf mute begins to blare.
  • I haven’t logged in since last year and actually forgot my password, that’s how inactive the account is.
  • Having a MySpace account is about as cool as popping your collar.

Besides, all the REAL cool kids moved to Facebook long ago and so have I, even though there was a time when I swore against joining any social networking sites. In fact, I even mentioned this on my soon to be deleted MySpace page. "I once said I would NEVER sign up for any social networking site and then...here I am. In my defense though, I was pressured into getting a MySpace account, nagged into it is more like it. Although I do have free will so I guess I need to take partial blame. One day I'll delete it."

And today is that day.

Goodbye MySpace. It's now your space. I'll not be renewing my lease.

***NOTE***
You can also see this post featured on the frontpage of BrazenCareerist.com

No comments:

Post a Comment