Friday, November 21, 2008

If She Wasn’t Already Engaged, I’d Marry Her

Every once in awhile a girl will say something that makes me want to jump up and scream YES! I want to thank her, praise her, even applaud her for being bold and just putting it out there. Speaking her mind. Telling it like it is. Short, simple and sweet. Or in this case...short, simple and a bit crude. If you’ve been reading my blog for awhile now, you probably have noticed that I like brutal honesty. I appreciate it. I admire. And most of all, I’m grateful when someone is brutally honest. Sure brutal honesty may sting from time to time, but it’s also refreshing. It’s refreshingly honest and what’s better than that?

With the crappy economy forcing all of us to rethink our spending habits, the word "save" has been on everyone’s mind! But when it comes to holidays (like birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas, etc.), we feel bad about cutting out the gift giving. And unfortunately, if you are over the age of 10 and not very creative, then handmade gifts are nearly impossible to pull off. But don’t fret. All hope is not lost, especially if you are a girl looking to give your guy a little something special. Now if you are a guy looking to give a girl something special, bling is still in stlye, as well as romance. Combine the two and you’re as good as platinum! Of course the guys will still need to open up their wallet, but there is good news for the ladies - you don’t have to spend a dime to make your guy feel like a king! Take this e-mail below as an example, it’s just a portion of it, but you’ll get the idea.

"We’ve been saving this last year for a house so we are applying the things we’ve learned about cutting back on spending to the way we spend today because of all the uncertainty. For instance, instead of spending money on a birthday gift for my fiancé, I told him his present was the "the best 2 hours of his life". I gave him a full body massage and got him all oiled up then drew a hot bubble bath with candles and basically went at him. He loved it! Besides, guys don’t want watches or cologne. They want to get laid in every way possible for as long as possible. So we just skipped the wallet bleeding aspect of gift giving and he said he had the best birthday ever. Success!" – name withheld

A truer statement has never been made! Seriously, if this girl wasn’t already engaged, I would drop down on one knee right now. Scratch that. I would drop down on BOTH knees right now and marry her. She should write an advice column for women on what men REALLY want and how to deliver. So for my future sweetie this upcoming holiday season, please take heed of this advice. I promise I’ll love you for it.

Girls just don’t pamper guys enough and it kind of sucks, if I can be brutally honest myself. It’s not just the sex. It’s more than that. It’s the effort. It’s the thought. It’s the time she took to put into giving me something I REALLY wanted, not something Macy’s department store told her I wanted. It’s even the surprise of it. And can I be brave here and say it’s even the romance? Yes, it’s true. I love the little note left for me on a foggy bathroom mirror. There’s a misconception out there that says romance is for women, but for a few select men, we want it too. And I am one of them. I don’t think that’s unmasculine to admit. If anything, it should be seen as masculine, that I’m secure enough with my own sexuality that I’m not embarrassed or ashamed to admit that I like being swooned. It feels good. It’s as simple as that.

The thing is that even though some men may secretly want it, we don’t openly admit it. And we certainly don’t ask for it! Most men just don’t expect a woman to go all out for him. It’s seems it’s almost unheard of and it rarely occurs, or at least in my experience, it’s rarely occurred for me. It makes me a little sad, but it’s something I’ve grown to accept. Hey, I’m all for spoiling a girl. In fact, I love doing so! But sometimes it’s nice to get spoiled a little in return. You know what I mean guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment