Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Muhammad Ali Was My Highlight of 2006 MLB All-Star Week

As you probably know, Pittsburgh hosted the 2006 MLB All-Star game and events recently. Baseball is my least favorite sport (too slow and too much crying in baseball), so in no way was I interested in shelling out $250+ a ticket for the game. Then add $50 for parking (no joke) and of course you have to eat and drink...so throw in an extra $50 for wining and dining on weak beer and stale hotdogs. Do you see why I passed on this "great" event?

However, I will say we have a very nice field to host the big leaguers - PNC Park. Of course, this moblog shot isn't of PNC Park. Instead it's a photo of the David Lawrence Convention Center that hosted the All-Star weekend festivities, including Fan Fest. Now that, I did attend and it was only "ok". The highlight - the sports auction where I placed a bid on autographed boxing gloves that were worn and signed by Muhammad Ali!

No comments:

Post a Comment