Wednesday, July 19, 2006

If This Was An Audio Blog, I Would Hum Carnival Tunes

Step right up folks. The freaky sideshow carnival is in town! A kitten possessing 2 distinct faces was born in Ohio last week in what veterinarians call a very rare and bizarre occurrence. The young feline has 2 mouths, 2 noses and 4 eyes that have yet to open. The mouths apparently meow in unison! How freaky is that? And...I want him. The coolest cat we had growing up was a maincoon cat with 22 toes - an extra digit on each front paw. She had a litter of kittens, some of which had the normal 20 toes and some which did not. One of her kittens had 7 and 6 on the front paws. It was pretty cool. Needless to say those snowshoe footed cats walked well across snow, but sadly, not all of them had 9 lives. Now in other news, that isn't as freaky, but just as cool...

Let's talk about pee. Yes I'm doing another pee related post (11/4/05 If This Doesn't Make You "Pee Shy", Then "Gay Jay" Will) on the world's hippest bathrooms, in particular, urinals. New York's JFK airport has installed mouth-shaped urinals in Virgin Atlantic's clubhouse. Personally, I think these are awesome! However, some people don't care for the big-fat-red-lip kissing pissers. Who are these people? Women activists. My question, umm why do women get a say in what type of plumbing fixtures are installed in the MEN'S bathrooms? Does this make sense to anyone? Should I make a fuss over the tampon dispensers in the ladies room? Apparently some women made such a stink over the urinals that the airport pulled them out and issued an apology letter stating...

"We are, of course very sorry to hear of your concerns with the design of the urinals that were to be fitted in our clubhouse at JFK airport. We can assure you that no offense was ever intended. The urinals were intended to be one of the more fun and quirky features of the new JFK Clubhouse, a project overseen by Virgin's in-house design team led by two female designers. The urinals themselves were the idea of a female designer, and we were surprised by the public reaction."

Seriously, the guy who wrote this apology letter needs to grow a pair.

Finally, I can't keep this to myself any longer. If you are a reader of the blog "Bitch On The Street", then you are familiar with the watermelon woman. If this is the first time you are hearing about her, let me briefly fill you in. BOTS (Bitch On The Street) as she likes to be called, goes around NY taking photos of some of the strange people she encounters on a daily basis. In particular, she came across a woman that eats nothing but watermelon for a meal. She sits down with a full watermelon and a plastic spoon and begins eating. New diet fad? And my Mother questions why I want to move to NY! Ahh, duh - to witness cool sh*t like this first hand!

My conclusion...people, places and animals are freaky...and I love it. They make this world a more interesting place to live and they give me good reason to hum carnival tunes when I spot a sideshow freak.

(Please note, no freaks were harmed in this blog post. Good natured fun was my only intention. I don't laugh at the handicapped or anything like that, but if I saw the watermelon lady walking the 2 faced kitten into the men's bathroom at the JFK airport, well I would just have to laugh...and so would you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment