Friday, March 4, 2011

Service Comes From Heart! Not From a Manual.

Over the last couple of weeks I have been having a lot of issues with my bank due to random charges appearing on my statement for services that are part of my package. I have also had instances where a preauthorized payment is paid twice - again for random reasons - and also not getting what I am promised through telephone banking.

So finally last week I decided that I had enough and dropped at a branch to close my account. As soon as my number was up I was greeted by a very pleasant and polite teller who greeted me very nicely and asked what he can do for me. I had to pay some bills and also had to take some cash out which Andrew (I read his name on his batch) did for me with great enthusiasm, asked me where I work, talked about the cold weather that we have been experiencing over the last 10 days or so. He also talked about existing package, reviewed my banking trends, made few recommendations and even suggested an appointment with one of their financial advisors so I plan for my future.

After all my requests were done I told Andrew that I wanted to also close my account. He wasn’t pleased to hear that and as I started telling him my experiences over the last few weeks he listened patiently, empathized with me, but was also very frank and honest. He said he couldn’t go anything to change my past experiences but wanted to see if there was anything they could do to keep me as a customer. Since I had made up my mind I told him I didn’t think so.

Andrew said he could close the account now but asked some intelligent questions which led me to hold off on closing the account for now. He mentioned again that he was very sorry to hear about my experience, was going to follow up with their telephone banking on my behalf, and, would also talk to his branch manager to see what they can compensate me for lack of good experience. I thanked him, told him that I really appreciated his service, and his great help.

As soon as I stepped out of the branch I started reflecting back on this experience and I can say that I was very impressed by few things about Andrew.

I was impressed by his genuine help, his display of care, and willingness to satisfy a client. I was impressed by his listening skills, patience, and engaging in weather conversation while he was bring up my information in parallel.

I was further impressed that he would take the time to follow up with their tele-banking department, and talk to his manager to compensate even though he knew that I have walked in their branch for one of the last times. Andrew was certainly a leader - someone that others in his profession should follow.

Andrew even impressed me more when his level of service did not change after learning that I am not going to be a customer any longer - which made me believe that he was providing this service from the heart and not from the manual.

As I came back to the office I was so impressed that I cancelled my appointment with TD Bank and decided to continue to do business with Royal Bank of Canada!

Way to go Andrew!!! Royal Bank of Canada is very fortunate to have you as one of its employees!

Thanks for Reading!
For More Information Please Visit:
http://www.musthafaebadi.com

No comments:

Post a Comment