Saturday, March 19, 2011

10 Days and Counting to 'Fragrant Harbor'

I haven't been able to sleep well lately. It might be me still trying to adjust to the dang change in Daylight Savings Time, but I'm sure a lot of it is just my excitement about my first planned foreign trip in three years. At the end of this month I fly out to Hong Kong for a week of gastronomy, HK style.

My Mom is from Hong Kong (translated to mean "fragrant harbor" because of the early trade of sandalwood), so we used to visit a lot when I was a kid. But I think the last time I was there I was maybe 11? I barely remember it. And I haven't gone back as an adult. So I figured it's about time to check out this cosmopolitan city of the East. It's going to be a quick trip, but I'm pretty sure all I will be doing is eating, eating, and maybe some more eating. I have a long list of places to try, but if you have any "don't miss" advice for me, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment