Wednesday, December 2, 2009

EffableArts Playwright Project - Stage Prep

Last month I posted a little blurb on my blog about writing my first manuscript. In it, I wrote...

"When offered to turn my writing into a NYC play, naturally I was flattered. But I initially turned it down because plays, musicals, and slam poetry just isn't me. I'm snowboards, sportbikes, and Bulldogs. Then after talking with a friend, I started to wonder if I turned down the NYC theater writing gig too early. It's good to do things out of your comfort zone, right? So I decided to do it, like a big cannonball into the water!"

Since then I completed my first draft and promised to keep everyone updated on how the playwright project is coming along. So today I'm happy to not only announce the next step, but to invite YOU along for the ride as well!

THE BLOGGER PLAYS: The Adventure Begins

Effabe Arts has gone out and searched the web to find NINE new and exciting writers to give us NINE new short plays! THE BLOGGER PLAYS will be having it's first (very informal) reading on Wednesday, December 9th. It will be at the official bar of Effable Arts - Bar One And One at 7pm (directions). We will be asking actors and potential directors to come, read, comment, and help our writers in the next steps to getting these bad-ass scripts ready for the stage. Please RSVP and let us know what you're interested in doing. We hope to see you all there!

WHAT: The Blogger Play - First Reading
WHERE: One And One - Nexus Lounge (Basement)
WHEN: Wednesday, December 9th, 7PM

Website: http://www.effiblearts.com/
Twitter: @EffableArts
Facebook: Effable Arts Fan Page

While their manuscripts will be a surprise, their identity is not. I encourage you to follow them on Twitter and check out their blogs. Now let me introduce you to the 9 writers...

David Stehle
Twitter: @davidstehle
Blog: The Rest Is Still Unwritten

Jen Kucsak
Twitter: @jenkucsak
Blog: The Dating Jungle

Stephane Magloire
Twitter: N/A
Blog: Rabbit Hole: Enter Here!

Zachary Wilson
Twitter: @newzac
Blog: And How

Una LaMarche
Twitter: @sassycurmudgeon
Blog: The Sassy Curmudgeon

"K"
Twitter: info removed by request
Blog: info removed by request

Meghan Blalock
Twitter: @megbeebee
Blog: Blackberries to Apples

Polly Syllabick
Twitter: @pollysyllabick
Blog: The Hitch List

Jessie Rosen
Twitter: @20nothings
Blog: 20-Nothings



So if you're in the NYC area around Dec 9th, would love to have you join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment