Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My BFF

Happy 1st birthday to my best friend, whom a year later, I still carry your snoring (now 45lb) wrinkle laden body upstairs to bed with me. You’re the best part of my every day. You’ve made my house a happier place to come home to. You are the purest form of unconditional love I have known. Now if you would only understand the concept of being my wingpup and stop stealing all the girls from me, our relationship would be flawless. I can’t fault you for being a pimp though. The ladies love you, this is true, but not as much as I love you. Just remember, it’s bros before hoes.

Now, a birthday poem to my little buddy. And yes, I know dogs can’t read. Just humor me people, ok?


A Boy and His Dog
by Edgar Guest

A boy and his dog make a glorious pair
No better friendship is found anywhere
For they talk and they walk and they run and they play
And they have their deep secrets for many a day
And that boy has a comrade who thinks and who feels
Who walks down the road with a dog at his heels

He may go where he will and his dog will be there
May revel in mud and his dog will not care
Faithful he'll stay for the slightest command
And bark with delight at the touch of his hand
Oh, he owns a treasure which nobody steals
Who walks down the road with a dog at his heels

No other can lure him away from his side
He's proof against riches and station and pride
Fine dress does not charm him, and flattery's breath
Is lost on the dog, for he's faithful to death
He sees the great soul which the body conceals
Oh, it's great to be young with a dog at your heels!

No comments:

Post a Comment