Tuesday, November 6, 2007

My Childhood Dream Is Finally Coming True

I just wanted to thank everyone who had e-mailed me after reading my post from 10/27/07 - 20 Years Later & I Still Want Him Sooo Bad! I was surprised and rather touched to discover that even total strangers wanted to make my childhood dream become a reality. I received many helpful tips and links from people trying to help me locate a vintage 1986 My Pet Monster from Amtoy/American Greetings. The search wasn’t always easy, but I was diligent in my quest to find the most perfect My Pet Monster that could be had. Today I can say, mission accomplished - My Pet Monster is on his way!

Actual photo used in eBay acution. Notice his tip-top condition!

It may have taken 20 years, but my childhood dream is finally coming true! My very own Pet Monster will be arriving at my doorstep any day now and I can hardly wait, seriously. I feel like a kid on Christmas morning. I very well may clap my hands and march around my living room singing “Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy” once I lay eyes on that big brown shipping box and allow my fingertips to graze the dirty cardboard fibers. My imagination may be getting the best of me, but I picture him breaking out of the box on his own!

I wanted to find one that hadn’t been previously “loved”, NIB (New In Box), but I soon realized how rare those are. They are basically impossible to find! So I settled on a near mint condition one I found on eBay from the UK. I had to convert pounds to dollars, but it was worth it. The auction had barely begun, just 1 hour in, before I snagged up this guy. And if you want to know if he will sleep with me the first night, the answer is probably yes. After that though, he will most likely go up on a pedestal (AKA, top book shelf) in my home office to admire in aww. The way I see it, he’s almost God-like…or at least that is how I saw him as a kid. And let's face it, I'm still a kid at heart even today, so he still holds that God-like status to me.

I’m not sure if he talks, he should and I’m hoping he does. If he doesn’t, it would be a letdown, but regardless he will still retain his awesomeness! I do know that he comes with his original breakaway orange handcuffs. Gotta have the chains and cuffs! It’s his best feature. Besides, how else do you keep a monster under control?

No comments:

Post a Comment