Tuesday, February 27, 2007

PILLOW FIGHT!!!

Feathers flew in Union Square this past weekend during the second-annual NYC Pillow Fight. With more than 2 inches of feathers covering Union Square, it was a free-for-all as people dressed as pirates battled fairies and shirtless fat men smacked leprechauns. It’s not exactly my idea of a pillow fight. I would much rather see a couple hot 20-something year-old girls going at it in their underwear. Long hair blowing from each down filled whap. They giggle. They squeal. Their bra strap accidently breaks. Oops.

Yes, I have a vivid imagination. In my head, I like to believe women in their 20s are not too old to partake in such slumber party activities. So don’t give me your dose of reality. I don’t want to hear it. Let a guy dream a little. I’m not hurting anyone.

The event was established by two avid pillow fighters from Toronto and has since spread to the states, stretching from San Francisco to New York City. Earlier this month several hundred pillow-fighting enthusiasts gathered in SF to slug it out, but more than 2,000 people attended the NYC Pillow Fight. This year's NY crowd grew substantially from last year's approximate 200 attendees, thanks to Facebook.com and blog publicity.

It was a swashbuckling extravaganza, with pillows substituting for swords as salty rapscallions swung from light poles and jumped from atop trash cans. You just have to go in swinging and keep your pillow hand strong if you want to hold your own in a feather brawl.

No comments:

Post a Comment