Friday, December 22, 2006

Honey Do List

It's the holidays and as usual, I'm more overwhelmed than enjoying that Christmas spirit. So today I take a moment for myself to write up my To-Do list, or as my Mom likes to call it the "Honey Do List". Honey, do this. Honey, do that. You know how that works. Of course that sappy honey pet-name did not make me want to do the chores any more willingly as a kid. But at least she asked nicely, right? Here is my "Honey Do List" written to myself as just another reminder of all the shit, I mean great joy, this time of year brings. I swear I'm not a Grinch. I will get into the Christmas spirit just as soon as I have a few of these nagging items crossed off my list. Other items I will do with a smile on my face and I may even breakout the Santa hat to wear.

  • Task: send out Christmas cards
    Status: kinda, sorta but not really done
  • Task: set up tree, wrestle outside lights, hang mistletoe
    Status: done, check
  • Task: swear at insane shoppers and drivers
    Status: done, check and double check
  • Task: make-out by the fireplace
    Status: done, very well
  • Task: finish any last minute gift buying
    Status: it's only the 22nd, no man is done this early, so uncheck
  • Task: watch "A Christmas Story" and "Christmas Vacation" for the 155th time
    Status: will do
  • Task: donate a present to someone in need
    Staus: R/C model airplane already sent to 8-year-old Nathan
  • Task: offer to drive Granny in for the holidays if weather turns bad
    Status: done, check...extra brownie points for me
  • Task: bake/decorate Christmas cookies with 2-year-old niece
    Status: canceled due to her having a fever
  • Task: make cabin reservations for New Year's eve
    Status: I'm getting to it
  • Task: order tickets to the Nutcracker and surprise a certain someone
    Status: mission complete
  • Task: turn ringer off my new Razr so work related calls can't bother me on my 5 days off
    Status: doing that now!
  • Task: pick up sister at airport
    Status: OH SHIT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment