Monday, May 28, 2007

Hope Floats


If you are a regular reader of PostSecret, then you recognize this face, but I’m willing to bet you don’t have it memorized like I do. Give me a sketch pad and I could draw her. Every line. Every shadow. Every single minute detail. I know it all and I know it well. In my mind, the image is crystal clear, even the various shades of color are ingrained in my brain.

Her secret is one that should be hailed. Her life is one that should be embraced. Her name is Casie and this may sound strange, but I want to meet her. I don’t know why, but I want to give her a hug. I want to show her how to embrace this life. Embrace the person she was going to throw away. I want to stretch out my arms, wrap them around her and hold for a solid minute. She has a warmth about her that is so inviting. A peaceful appearance. Genuine and true. Full of grace, courage and determination. Her smile calms me. It physically calms me.

This might sound like crazy talk, but she fills me with something I can’t describe. It overflows in me every Sunday night when I look for her face on the PostSecret website. And I do look for her photo. I look for it like it’s a missing part of my own life. It adds something to my week. How could a photograph of a complete stranger have such an effect on me? It washes away any stress, anger, depression or anxiety I may be feeling the very second I lay eyes upon her. She is unaware of this gift she has given me, but I want to let her know. I am so thankful to of found this beautiful face.

It’s long overdue, but today I put it in print…I celebrate Casie and the Hopeline for saving her and the millions of "Casies" just like her. She is hope. Hope rising to the surface.



There is a great difference between cheap web hosting and dedicated hosting services. Dedicated hosting service allows you to fully manage the server and domain name registration, while there is limited access in cheap web hosting. Although you can obtain a web design services with cheap hosting but you cannot get the advance services like offered by dedicated hosting companies.

No comments:

Post a Comment