Monday, March 1, 2010

My Guest Post: Clarity

***NOTE***
The follow-up from 1/21/10 - Release


After the Melissa Blake fiasco, I swore I would never guest post for anyone ever again! And I didn't, until my friend Elisa Doucette from OpheliasWebb.com convinced me otherwise. Since February is dubbed "the month of love," Elisa put together a great blog series project all about love. She selected 28 bloggers to guest post on the topic and has published their words throughout the entire month of February. 1 Blog. 1 Topic. 1 Month. 28 Days. 28 Guest Bloggers. Although a lie, I like to pretend she saved the best for last by making me the final guest blogger in the series with this post below.
Clarity
"I want you to get swept away out there. I want you to levitate. I want you to...sing with rapture and dance like a dervish. Be deliriously happy, or at least leave yourself open to be. I know it's a cornball thing. But love is passion, obsession, someone you can't live without. I say, fall head over heels. Find someone you can love like crazy and who will love you the same way back. How do you find him? Well, you forget your head, and you listen to your heart. And I'm not hearing any heart. 'Cause the truth is, honey, there's no sense living your life without this. To make the journey and not fall deeply in love, well, you haven't lived a life at all. But you have to try, 'cause if you haven't tried, you haven't lived." - Anthony Hopkins role as "Bill Parrish" in the movie Meet Joe Black, heart to heart father/daughter talk

Love is a crazy, dizzy thing. Sometimes it’s all so beautiful I can hardly stand it. I want to capture it. So I take a photograph. To make time stand still. I freeze the moment for all eternity and hang that memory on a wall. But then that doesn’t seem like enough. The photograph allows me to recall that exact same vision I once had, but it doesn’t give me the movement. The way that one strand of hair kept blowing across her face, attempting to unite with her bottom lip. Or the way the early morning sunlight pardoned the rain, reflecting and dancing across the small of her back from the dusty windowpane.

...read the rest of my Guest Post here.

Also, be sure to check out the other bloggers (some really talented writers included) who participated in the series. Elisa’s "All You Need Is Love" blog series project will definitely get you thinking and questioning love and your own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment